lunes, 9 de septiembre de 2019

My music

Music has always been important in my life. I think we all have some kind of soundtrack of our lives, or at least a couple of songs that there will be always in our hearts and minds. In my case, I've always liked old songs, like really old. Theres is no lyrics like the old lyrics, no matter if they aren't so poetic, but they are catchy... songs like "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas or "Don't Worry Baby" by The Beach Boys, or even older, like "You make me feel brand new" by The Stylistics... This kind of music makes me feel really good, so you could say that the genre that I love is old music.

Like I said, I love The Beach Boys, especially their not-so-hawaiian songs. But I wouldn't say that they are my favorite band. I don't have a favorite band. I have favorite songs that reminds me things or moments or persons, that's why every song makes me feel in a different way.

"Save Me" by Remy Zero (not a great song) reminds me when I was 16 and I spent almost a year watching Smallville, Creedence makes me remember my father and Sandro makes me remember my mother, "Still loving you" by Scorpions reminds me my sister 'cause she loves almost all their songs, "Turn me on" by The Shines is a song from that album that I love and I didn't find anywhere but my girlfriend did and it was my 2017 birthday present from her. "My sharona" by The Knack makes me remember my friend who left Santiago, "The force theme" makes me think when I saw Star Wars with my mom in summer...

There is a lot of important songs in our lives. We could re-write our days just listen to this songs or bring people to our lives, people we miss, moments that we would like to live again, moments that we wouldn't. That's why I love this songs.

6 comentarios:

  1. For me, music remind me situations, not exactly people.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Yees! I completely in agreement that there are one or more soundtrakc that remind us peoples, moments, stories, etc.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Yess! the music it´s very important in the life.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Waa!! i love "Save Me" de Remy for Smallville, nevertheless it's true, it's not a great song

    ResponderEliminar
  5. that is a very particular and cool type of music :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Nice, Jorge. The Beach Boys will never die. When you listen to them, you automatically travels to the 60's California

    ResponderEliminar